Resume / CV
Adjunct Professor @ Interactive Telecommunications Program http://itp.nyu.edu
New York University, 2007 - Present.
- Taught assistive technology courses, designing for people with disabilities; with a focus on the computer as an equalizer using both software and hardware. Formed relationships with the Occupational Therapy Department at NYU as well as several health care providers in New York City. Courses included, Developing Assistive Technology, ITPediatrics, Design for One, Assistive Technology Internships.
Senior Web Developer @ Blue State Digital
2010 - Present.
- Collaborate with client managers to plan and scope functional requirements for custom development projects.
- Evaluate and select best tools for the job. We use Google AppEngine, Heroku, Python, NodeJS, MySQL and Mongo.
- Develop and maintain custom development for progressive clients' campaigns.
- Integrate third party APIs and Blue State campaign tools into client web applications.
- Projects include It Gets Better Project, Google's Free and Open Web, Packers Everywhere, Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation.
Assistive Technology Researcher @ Interactive Telecommunications Program
New York University, 2006 - 2009.
- Developed crowd sourced closed captioning web application for most online video formats.
- Designed and implemented ITP People Directory using several internal and external data sources to streamline internal workﬂows and public ITP Community API.
- Developed video blogging Wordpress plugins for commenting along time codes.
Web consultant & lead programmer @ CFFONE / Dawkins Productions
2009 - 2010.
- Directed development and technology implementation for Phase I of the federally funded SBIR research project social network for teens with Cystic Fibrosis.
- Built with PHP & CodeIgniter with external SMS API.
Web consultant and developer @ The Wildlab http://www.thewildlab.org
- SMS & Twitter integration into existing citizen-science bird watching application funded in part by the MacArthur Foundation.
- Mobile message platform developed using Textmarks SMS & Twitter apis, Yahoo Placemaker API and custom regular expressions to parse species and location information from user input.
- Developed on PHP & CodeIgniter with external APIs.
Web consultant and developer @ R/GA http://www.rga.com
- Developed Nokia / TED Wordpress site including templates and custom comment entry plugins to supplement existing Flash interface and external APIs.
- Built with Wordpress to support both desktop and mobile browsers.
Web consultant and developer @ FusionLab http://www.fusionlab.com
- Developed websites for medium sized non-proﬁts on top of ExpressionEngine. Mentored and directed technology staff on new and existing technology to incorporate with future clients.
Web developer @ Outside.in http://www.outside.in
2006 - 2007.
- Web developer for neighborhood blog aggregator - a start-up focused on local bloggers.
- Created ﬁrst API to share content with partnering websites and users.
- Assisted in development transition from PHP to Rails.
Interactive Telecommunications Program, New York University. New York, NY
Master’s of Professional Studies, 2006
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
B.S Information Systems Technology, 2004
FCC & Knight Foundation, Apps for Communities, 2011.
Winner Most Replicable App & Runner Up for Access Together, crowdsourcing community accessibility web application, http://www.accesstogether.org.
New York Hall of Science, 2011.
Human+ Exhibit Residency
Alexander Von Humboldt / German Chancellor Fellowship, 2009.
Project topic: Connecting Occupational Therapists and the Design community, Berlin 2009. Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in this fellowship.
National Taiwan Museum of Fine Art, 2009.
RAMPs, wheelchair DJ project displayed in Freeze! exhibit.
- Hacking for the Holidays, New York 2012
- BMW Guggenheim Lab, Berlin, Summer 2012.
- Hacking for the Holidays, New York, Winter 2011.
- HealthFoo, Boston, Summer 2011.
- MakerFaire, San Mateo, Spring 2011.
- ArtsTech Meetup, Assistive Technology and Museums, New York, Spring 2011.
- MakerFaire World’s Fair, New York, Fall 2010.
- Rehabilitation Society of North America (RESNA) Conference, New Orleans, 2009.
DIYAbility, technology workshops for people with and without disabilities, 2012
A series of workshops for people with disabilities and health care professionals to explore the possibilities of technology and learn how to make their ideas real. #STEM. http://www.diyability.org
Access Together, crowdsourcing community accessibility, 2012
Online web application allowing anyone to contribute the accessibility information of their neighborhood. All data is searchable and publicly available, http://www.accesstogether.org
Ramps, Wheelchair DJ, 2005
A custom roller system allowing for manual wheelchair propulsion skills to scratch music and interface with game based therapy.
Familiar with : Rails, Java, Asterisk, XMPP